What you’ll need:
circular wooden base
- Cut 8 pieces of round reed 30 inches long to use for the basket spokes.
- Soak the basket spokes and ten extra long pieces of round reed in warm water for 5 minutes. Place more pieces of round reed into the water when needed.
- Drill 16 holes evenly along the edge of the wooden base.
- Starting with one spoke, place one end into the hole in the base. Using the pliers, pull the reed through and attach a wooden bead. Skip a hole and place the other end of the spoke into the next hole (making it every other hole). Attach a bead to this end too.
- Place the second reed into the hole you skipped and continue with the rest of the spokes.
- Starting at the bottom of the spokes, weave the rest of the round reed in and out of the spokes. Repeat around the circle until you are halfway up the spokes.